UCR3 staff have a signficant amount of project management experience.
Some of the projects the team has worked on as part of UCR3 or in previous roles include:
- University of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia, - exercise monitoring, validation and reporting, July 2013
- Te Ripahapa, South Island Wide CDEM Group Tier 3 Exercise, - Simulation development and delivery assistance, March 2013.
- Discovering GEM's Beneficiaries' Needs Workshop, Pavia, Italy, 2012.
- Field Activities Risk Management Workshop, University of Canterbury, 2010.
- Airport Crisis Management, Christchurch International Airport, 2010.
- EOC Researchers Workshop, University of Canterbury, 2010.
- Campus Emergency Management workshop, University of Waikato, 2011.
- Campus Emergency Management workshop, University of Canterbury, 2011
- Emergency Managment workshop for major pharmaceuticals company, 2013
- Campus wide exercise, University of the Sunshine Coast, 2013
- Victoria University of Wellington, Exercise monitoring and mentoring, 2013
- Universal College of Learning, Palmerston North, Emergency Plan development and training, 2014 - 2015
- University of Southern Queensland, Emergbency Plan review and recommendations, 2015
- University of Victoria, Saanich, British Columbia, EOC staff training workshop 2015
- Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, British Columbia, EOC staff training, 2015
Presentations, Lectures & Conferences
- TEFMA Emergency Preparedness workshop, Christchurch, 2010
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Presentation at National Headquarters, Washington DC, USA, 2011
- Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, USA, Presentation, 2011
- Southern California Emergency Managers Forum, Presentation, 2011
- Tertiary Education Facilities Management Association (TEFMA) workshop “Surviving the Impact”, 2010
- TEFMA Conference, Gold Coast, Australia, conference presentations, 2011
- Campus Security & Emergency Management Conference, Keynote presentation, Melbourne, Australia, 2011
- Global Earthquake Model, – Beneficiary needs workshop, Pavia, Italy, 2012
- Public lectures & organisational presentations, Cities of Victoria, Saanich, Oak Bay & Esquimalt, British Columbia, Canada, 2012
- Charles Sturt University, New South Wales, Australia, - Staff presentations and workshop keynote, 2012
- University of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, Conference Keynote, presentations and lectures, 2011 & 2012
- NZ Facilities Management Association, Presentations to regional meetings, Auckland, Wellington & Christchurch, 2012
- Central Queensland Engineering Conference, Rockhampton, QLD, Australia, Conference Keynote, 2012
- Durham University, UK, Institute of Hazard, Risk & Resilience, Presentation, 2012
- Bristol University, UK, Presentations, 2012
- University College London, London UK, Conference, Presentation, 2012
- Northridge20, Symposium to commemorate 1994 Northridge Earthquake 20th anniversary, UCLA, Keynote, 2014
- FEMA Higher Education Symposium, Keynote, 2014
- Hyogo University, Kobe, Japan, Global Academic Network Symposium, Keynote & Panel, 2015
- University of Victoria, Saanich, British Columbia, Keynote, 2015
- Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, British Columbia, Keynote, 2015
- Port Coquitlam, Emergency Managers Forum, Keynote, 2015
- British Columbia Emergency Managers Forum, Keynote, 2015
- Vancouver Island Health Authority Staff Preparedness Forum, Victoria, British Columbia, Keynote, 2015
- California Institute of Technology, Emergency Responder & Policy Group presentations, 2015
- Emergency & Disaster Planning (West) Conference, Vancouver, British Columbia, Conference Chair, Keynote and Workshop, 2015